Monday, March 07, 2005

I have a paper to write so I shall warm up with an essay I call...*drumroll* 'A Friday in DC'.

After mulling on the beverage for the night at a ghetto liquor store, I swooped on what looked like Smirnoff plain triple-distilled vodka (if I wasn't on a college student budget, it'd be Grey Goose, no question). When I arrived home, to my horror, the vodka turned out to be watermelon twist. WTF? Who thought of that up? OK, hold that racist joke.

But once I took the first swig, I was pleasantly surprised. The watermelon taste wasn't overpowering at all—unlike strawberry twist, another accidental purchase of mine...all of the aforementioned versions of Smirnoff have red labels. So I drank it with my housemates. You know how with hard stuff, it's easy it is to lose track of how much you drink. Had brownouts for next couple of hours. (Apparently before I left, I chatted up some people online. Next day I saw IM convos on the computer screen that I had zero recollection of. It was strange reading those convos, I can tell you that much.)

TO BE CONTINUED