Saturday, February 19, 2005

Wrote this last Sunday, but had to go before I could finish...

Last night, took it easy. Watched MD vs. Duke then a movie at a friend's crib. MD isn't that good and Duke's ranked as one of the top 10 NCAA teams, and MD just beat 'em for the 3rd consecutive time. I love it.

While I was there, I eavesdropped on another friend's VP chat—unavoidable because they set up the whole thing right in the living room. Private VP chats nonexistant in that house :) I had to chuckle at the convo because Jay, a Thai (half Italian as well), was helping a Thai friend resolve a problem with a computer company. The Thai friend wanted a keyboard set in Thai alphabet. Jay kept on spelling Thai names, befuddling the poor relay operator. For example, Jay's real name's Withayoot. I sure the hell can't recall his friend's name. The VP relay operator looked nervous and flustered, "Please repeat...? Say it again? Huh? What? Repeat please..."

My friends and I watched "50 first dates". I heard some bad reviews about it so my expectations were low and it managed to surpass them. Hearing shitty reviews really helps. I actually liked Gigli, for the Lord's sake. At least the first half of it...I just didn't have time to finish it. On the flip side, I heard endless acclamations about Citizen Kane being the greatest movie of all time and found it just okay. But maybe it was only because the captioning was fucked up (it was back in the olden days when we used VHS).