Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I'm gonna withdraw from softball class. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I'm busy practically all day, from 9:30 am to 9 pm. On MWF, softball's my only class and it's in the morning. It's hard getting up early knowing it'll be your only class of the day and has only 1 credit. The deadline for withdrawal's next month. I'll be sure to show up a couple times to take a few whacks at that ball before riding off into the sunset.

As for my so-called softball career? Oh well. Many of my friends will be on a softball team this summer. I'll join if I'm still around. Right now, I admit I have a hard time respecting the game as a sport. Having playing hardball (baseball) I don't see any challenge in crushing that fat ball travelling at 28 MPH. And it takes away my favorite position- pitching. In softball, you don't really pitch, you lob.

But hey, maybe I'll be humbled and in worshipful awe of the game once I play it for real.