Thursday, January 20, 2005

Just killing time until I leave for work in an hour.

School's closed due to the inauguration.

My school schedule is in flux. Gally's having the worst course offerings ever. The only classes I know I'll take for sure are modern art, to fulfill requirements, and softball.

Modern Art. The prof says what distinguishes it is that it forces people to think about its meaning. I've gone to a couple of modern art exhibitions, both in the Smithsonians. Some cool stuff, some stupid stuff. I've read about an artist selling his shit, and I mean that literally, for $10k. Contemporary art can be like that. Anyway, I'll enjoy going to exhibitions for the class, but I don't like the idea of *formally* analyzing artwork. It's bullshit.

Softball. The teacher must've gulped down one red bull too many. Full of nervous banter. Nevertheless I'm glad I'm taking the class because I've played baseball, but never softball except for maybe a handful of games at picnics. I wouldn't mind playing in deaf tourneys and getting an A in this class just seems like a nice start to my softball "career".