Sunday, August 01, 2004

eerie

Had a coupla nightmares last night.

#1. This is a recurring one. The semester's nearly over and I suddenly realize there's this class that I'd completely forgotten about during the entire semester. A fat 'F' waiting for me.

#2. I see somebody who I've met only once in real life. She's nonchalently wearing a button-down shirt, only it ain't buttoned down. It's open, with her boobs barely concealed. Sexy? It would be except that her chest's hairy. I don't recoil at the fact that she has chest hair at all, but that she didn't shave it. I wake up sweating. Women, if you wish to intrude into my dreams, please have a full chest wax first :)

Last Friday, went to a small party. I looked at Dana S. and announced she's the Kate Hudson of Gally. Sadly, the observation wasn't so original– she had heard it over 1000 times. We turned our attention to Bellamie and decided she was Natalie Portman. She had heard it for only 2nd time.

Later, somebody was asking me and others if we thought he was crazy. Bellamie said, "Well, you can be...sometimes." When he wasn't looking, she told me, "I was just being nice," and we laughed. Joy said he was indeed a crazy man. He got mad and insisted that he was a crazy boy, not a crazy man, because there's a difference. Crazy boy as in "ha ha he's a crazy ol' boy ha ha", while a crazy man's just psycho. Good point, boy.

Hell, I don't know what's blog-worthy anymore :)

Last night, watched "The Gods Must Be Crazy" at a friend's place. Always good for barrels of laughs. There was also a documentary on the DVD about a guy tracking down N!Xau, who played that charming bushman "Xi". Turned out the bushmen's carefree culture as portrayed by the movie was just a filmmaker's fantasy. Real bushmen wore shirts and pants and didn't live so well– they were starving. Very unfortunate.

Yet another mundane weekend. I looked back to all of my previous summers and realized it's turning out to be my most mundane summer since...1989. I'm mad as hell that I didn't plan it better ha. Hey, self-anger can be good sometimes, like an inner drill sergeant screaming in my face to do it better next time.

At least things are looking better ahead.