Saturday, July 17, 2004

A funny thing happened on the way to Adams Morgan

Last night, before meeting up with my friends, I headed over to Ben's Chili Bowl. But then I had all that extra energy. I suddenly found myself in mood to stroll over to Adams Morgan, a few blocks away.

On the way, on 15th St. and uhh some street 2 or 3 blocks north of U St., there was a huge park that I had never seen before. It was unusual looking so I decided to walk across it...perhaps the fact it was dark added to its surreality but man, it's by far the strangest city park I've set a foot on. It was uphills so there were concrete stairs everywhere. There was one huge staircase that looked like it would lead to Taj Mahal. There were homeless people in almost literally every cranny and nook. Possibly a hundred of them in all. When I was passing one crouching behind a bush, he waved and motioned me to go over to him. I gesticulated "what?" I thought he'd ask for money but he made gestures that unmistakably say "let's buttfuck." My #1 question in life has been answered: there's a such thing as a gay black bum. My life is now complete.

Later, at my friend's crib, I made a happy discovery: Da Ali G is back on HBO. It may be the funniest show ever. I'll explain another time.