Tuesday, June 29, 2004

haha

Dave Chappelle (yeah, that funny black guy on Comedy Central):

I was in Mississippi, ordering some food and I said to the guy, "I would like to have . . ." and before I even finished my sentence, he said, "The chicken!"

I could not believe it. I could not believe that shit. This man was absolutely right. How did he know I was going to get some chicken?

I asked him, "How did you know I was going to get some chicken?". He looked at me like I was crazy. He said, "C'mon buddy. C'monnn buddy. Now everybody knows that some of you walk through the goddamn door, you're going get some chicken. Ain't no secret down here that blacks and chickens are quite fond of one another."

Then I finally understood what he was saying and I got upset. I wasn't even mad, I was just upset. I wasn't ready to hear that shit. All these years, I thought I liked chicken because it was delicious. Turns out I'm genetically predisposed to liking chicken!

It's like I got no say in the matter. I'm afraid of eating it in public. I don't know want somebody to see me and say something. "Look at him! He loves it! Just like it said in the encyclopedia! Look at how happy he looks!".