Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Because everyone's got an opinion about Iraq...

My biggest disappointment with what's going on in Iraq is Neo-Cons' absurdly pollyannaish they-will-throw-bonquets-of-roses-at-us-for-eternity post-war planning. Didn't it occur to the bigwigs to prepare for worst-case scenarios?

On the other hand, total security and prevention of violence aren't realistic ANYWHERE, including here in the States, not without a Big Brother-type totalitatrian government. For example, I can easily kill anyone if I want to. The police can only persecute me. They can't stop me unless they have telepathic powers like in "Minority Report". If I was suicidal, I'd be even more impossible to stop. I could even kill President Bush. I could demolish the Capitol building. I'm serious. I've been to the Oklahoma City bombing site and what shocked me was how far away the truck was from the federal building. I really could just drive by the Capitol on Pennslyvania Ave. and BOOM! Down goes the Capitol. It's amazing that it hasn't happened yet, when you think about it.

Note to FBI: I'm merely discussing hypothetical scenarios. I have no intentions whatsoever to bring them to reality :)