Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Yesterday, crept closer to finishing that damn movie. Chris and I went to a bar in Greenbelt to shoot the opening scene. Once again, friendly strangers hounded us. If you read my blog from last May, you know a couple of Redskin fanatics compulsively high-fived us and promised us free tickets. This time, a black guy sitting next to Chris asked him if he knew NTID at RIT. Chris himself is a RIT alum. The guy was tickled pink- he's a physics professor at RIT, in town to do some business with NASA (one of their 3 bases is in Greenbelt). At one point, he, yes, high-fived Chris. Chris says there's always a special bond among people at RIT. Ha he ho. The prof eventually talked to me. He said he was from Rwanda and was in a refugee camp in Uganda. Chris suspected that he was gay. If he's right, I've reached yet another milestone: I met the only living gay African ex-refugee physics professor. What next?