Monday, November 14, 2005

I dreamed that my dad went senile and dyed his hair bright pink. You'd laugh if you knew him. A pretty traditional guy.

Last weekend, I played my first poker game at a full table with fairly high stakes. One player was a card shark, winning about 70% of games. Nevertheless I was playing well and had the highest stack after about 3 hours. Then one guy bitched about having to split soon and kept on going all-in, but everyone'd back down and he'd roll his eyes as he collected the pot. He seemed tired and dying to leave. Then I had a decent, not great, hand and he went all-in. I thought he was trying to throw away the game so I called him. Turned out he had a great hand and suddenly I was crippled. I didn't have patience to slowly work my way back to where I was. Next hand, I went all-in and lost. From a fat stack to nothing in 2 hands.