Saturday, April 02, 2005

One day I was leaving my house and found my housemate/cousin Mark and Jesse standing on the porch smoking. I was wearing a peacoat. All I needed was that white hat and I'd look like a Navy sailor. So I saluted to them and said I had to catch my ship.

I walked to my car then realized I forgot something in the house. So I ran back and upon seeing them again, I shed mock tears and told them I was ditching the Navy because I couldn't bear to leave them. I pounced on Mark and playfully bearhugged him. Then I felt a sharp pain in my knee, clearly caused by teeth. WTF? I jumped back and saw Mark's dog, Pibbs, growling at me. I forgot, no horseplaying around her. She's adorable but very high-strung.

If somebody A hit somebody B on the shoulder in jest, somebody A will get bitten. The extremity of her viligance was demonstrated when a housemate repeatedly hit himself and she barked at him ferociously. Trying to protect him from himself, cute. He stopped before she bit him.